As great as Maven is, it does make things a bit more complicated, including how you develop projects in different IDEs. If Maven is supposed to make building projects easier (among other things), but you can't use it in conjunction with an IDE, then what's the point? You shouldn't have
- Download the latest version of Maven
- apache-maven-3.1.0-bin.zip as of this writing
- Unzip the archive and place the the Maven folder somewhere on your computer
- ex: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation
- Add the following environment variables:
- M2HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-3.1.
Apache Maven is a build automation tool for Java projects. Think of Ant, or Make, but much more powerful and easier to use. If you've ever had to deal with building a Java project with dependencies or special build requirements then you've probably gone through the frustrations that